Your Googling skills

TechWiz18

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:05
How would you rate your Googling skills on a scale of 1-5?

1 being I barely know the purpose of Google and 5 being I almost always find what I'm looking for.

Slix

Local time
Today, 08:05
Well, over the years I've had to search for some hard to find things, from old Apple info, to random Pokémon stuff, to website coding tips and stuff, so I'd probably say my Googling skills are pretty up there. I often use the different search parameters like "include this phrase" and +always include that word, for example too.

Sometimes, though, I have to go through lots of results to find what I'm looking for, especially if the phrase is a common one for various reasons. One time I was trying to find info on a relatively unknown band called "The Radio". That took a bit of time! :p

TechWiz18

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:05
Well, over the years I've had to search for some hard to find things, from old Apple info, to random Pokémon stuff, to website coding tips and stuff, so I'd probably say my Googling skills are pretty up there. I often use the different search parameters like "include this phrase" and +always include that word, for example too.

Sometimes, though, I have to go through lots of results to find what I'm looking for, especially if the phrase is a common one for various reasons. One time I was trying to find info on a relatively unknown band called "The Radio". That took a bit of time! :p
Haha I bet you got a bunch of stuff that was trying to teach you about radios 😂

Altair

Community Team
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:05
I would say 2. My googling skills are subpar. I don't know how I ever find anything.

Kyng

Local time
Today, 13:05
I'd say maybe about a 3. The cure for COVID might well be on the 10th page of my Google search results, and I'd never see it :'( .