Retro Consoles

TechWiz18

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:54
Do you own/have you played on any retro consoles such as the N64? Was it fun?

KOBY15

Local time
Today, 09:54
I own a Super Nintendo as well as a Super Nintendo Classic that I added more games onto. They are definitely fun to play and there are some hidden gems but playing on the normal Super Nintendo can be kind of annoying when looking at how quite a few SNES games have weird controls.

overcast

Local time
Today, 20:24
I remember the days of N64. I think it's really nostalgic to play those games in some simulator now a days. I know for sure that many also enjoy playing those simulator games in android phone too. I am sure the same feeling would come once the Switch and Switch Lite become retro in next decade.

TechWiz18

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Yeah I figured, I'll have to do it when I actually have any kind of time and strong desire to do so :p

Slix

Local time
Not including handhelds here, but... I was not able to get my own game system until the GameCube, which was a few years after it was released initially. A few years later I got my own N64 and a bit after that, a Sega Genesis. I also played some of my extended family members' Segas, N64, SNES, and NES a few times growing up. I've definitely got some experience playing some of these retro consoles, but I don't have a huge array of games in my knowledge. :p I only have a couple of games for each system and haven't played any of them super extensively (with the exception of Columns 3, Sonic 2, Pokémon Stadium) though. :)

zoldos

Local time
Do you own/have you played on any retro consoles such as the N64? Was it fun?
I used to own the original 8 bit Nintendo. I sold it decades ago. I currently own an Xbox One S. I have no interest in retro consoles. lol

TechWiz18

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Not including handhelds here, but... I was not able to get my own game system until the GameCube, which was a few years after it was released initially. A few years later I got my own N64 and a bit after that, a Sega Genesis. I also played some of my extended family members' Segas, N64, SNES, and NES a few times growing up. I've definitely got some experience playing some of these retro consoles, but I don't have a huge array of games in my knowledge. :p I only have a couple of games for each system and haven't played any of them super extensively (with the exception of Columns 3, Sonic 2, Pokémon Stadium) though. :)
Man...GameCube was the bomb, I think that was the first new console I had ever owned and it was so much fun!

I used to own the original 8 bit Nintendo. I sold it decades ago. I currently own an Xbox One S. I have no interest in retro consoles. lol
Haha fair enough I've heard the One S is pretty good.

zoldos

Local time
Yes it is very similar to the One X. Plus it's the 1TB model. We also use two wireless controllers and it's plugged directly into our router.

Last edited: