Remote work

TechWiz18

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:25
Have any of you had to do remote work this year due to COVID? How's the experience been?

SpookyZalost

Local time
Today, 02:25
I work from a room I converted into an office in my house.

it's, decent, I've had no complaints but I work as tech support via an inbound call center.

what is nice is having food, facilities, and such without having to go into work, or travel across the office campus to get to them since it's just down the hall/stairs.

TechWiz18

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:25
I work from a room I converted into an office in my house.

it's, decent, I've had no complaints but I work as tech support via an inbound call center.

what is nice is having food, facilities, and such without having to go into work, or travel across the office campus to get to them since it's just down the hall/stairs.

That's one of the things my father in law has been enjoying from working at a call center now from home. Everything is much closer! Including his commute 😂

SpookyZalost

Local time
Today, 02:25
lol yeah I know that feeling.

just get up, take a shower, go downstairs, make breakfast, go upstairs to the office and work for 10 hours :p

Kyng

Local time
Today, 09:25
Yes, I've been remote working for a little over a year now. It took a bit of getting used to at first, but now I think I prefer it over working in an office (apart from the Zoom meetings: I prefer actually being in a room with the rest of my colleagues for those)

But, I'm hoping I'll be able to carry on remote working at least some of the time.