Media & Books How many do you physically own?

TechWiz18

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:22
These days it seems that most folks own purely digital libraries for their books and movies.

So, share with us how many (if any) do you physically own?

bittersweet

Local time
Good lord, trying to physically take a count of every single film and book/novel I own would be nearly impossible. To try to paint a visual picture for you of just why I say that, I have four book shelves that are stocked with books with several that don't even fit and have to sit on other shelves, tables or counters with free space.

Movie-wise, it'd be a similar situation. I could try to actually count them if people are genuinely curious.

TechWiz18

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Good lord, trying to physically take a count of every single film and book/novel I own would be nearly impossible. To try to paint a visual picture for you of just why I say that, I have four book shelves that are stocked with books with several that don't even fit and have to sit on other shelves, tables or counters with free space.

Movie-wise, it'd be a similar situation. I could try to actually count them if people are genuinely curious.
Haha no need to count them up that gives a general idea. If you find yourself in a spot where you want to count them for some reason, feel free to share 😜

Joshua Farrell

Local time
Today, 11:22
We have shelves, book cases, boxes and tubs galore, filled with books and movies. The amount of books alone that we have, would easily be used to start out a small library that just opened, and needs a full isle of books to fill it's shelves. With movies, we easily have a good 700 movies between vhs and DVD that we own physical copies of.

TechWiz18

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
We have shelves, book cases, boxes and tubs galore, filled with books and movies. The amount of books alone that we have, would easily be used to start out a small library that just opened, and needs a full isle of books to fill it's shelves. With movies, we easily have a good 700 movies between vhs and DVD that we own physical copies of.
Wow, do you still own a VHS player to play those movies?

TechWiz18

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Yeah. It is hard to find a store that still carries a VHS player in good or new condition though, as there are not many people are left that haven't converted or thrown away their VHS tapes.
It would be nice to find one that still works I think for some movies that maybe haven't been changed over. However, I think the digitalization of a lot of the older movies has been taking place so the desire to maintain and have VHS' has been going away. I am actually impressed that there are so many DVD's/BluRay's still being released in stores. So that tells me there is still plenty of demand for physical media.